I’m happy to speak on building high performing engineering teams, leadership, Serverless, Modern System Administration, and DevOps.
- January 10-11, Microsoft Ignite | The Tour Toronto February
- February 27, Microsoft Ignite | The Tour London March
- March 25, SRECon “The Ops in Serverless” April
- April 9, devopsdays Atlanta “DevOps: Now and to the Future”
- April 11, Create Startup Tour, Toronto “Prioritizing Trust while Creating Applications” June
- June 13, Velocity Conf San Jose “The Ops In Serverless” July
- July 11, ServerlessDays London “Monitoring and Debugging in Serverless”
- July 26, Serverless Week “The Ops In Serverless” September
- September 11, 2019 - devopsdays Portland 2019 “Prioritizing Trust while Creating Applications”
- September 26-27, 2019 - devopsdays London 2019 “Prioritizing Trust while Creating Applications” October
- October 2-4, 2019 - SRECon 19 Europe “Prioritizing Trust while Creating Applications”
- October 24-25, 2019 “DevOps: Now and to the Future” November
- November 6, 2019 - Velocity Conf Berlin “Prioritizing Trust while Creating Applications”
- November 7, 2019 - Keynote at Velocity Conf Berlin “The Ultimate Guide to Complicated Systems”
- November 12, 2019 - Keynote at devopsdays Chattanooga “The Ultimate Guide to Complicated Systems”
- November 12, 2019 - devopsdays Chattanooga “Prioritizing Trust while Creating Applications”
The Ultimate Guide to Complicated Systems
Building and maintaining distributed systems is hard. Industry tools and recommended practices are evolving at an ever-increasing velocity. New platform choices reduce infrastructure management and add operational complexity obscuring the value of operation skills. Often, bureaucratic decisions drive practices and tool choices. Jennifer Davis explores cultivating your path enabling technical and strategic direction with sustainable engineering practices.
The Ops in Serverless
A function is deployed and alerts go off. When our intrepid site reliability engineer responds to the change in availability, she begins the task of debugging and implementing new tests to catch the issue in future deployments. While the nature and complexity of computing changes, the need for specialized operations engineering skills increases.
In this talk, we examine the role of Operations, how it has evolved with the advent of new compute paradigms and what the future looks like. We’ll examine the serverless platform in three critical areas of operational readiness of testing, monitoring, and debugging.
DevOps: Now and to the Future
It’s been a decade of devops, how has it shaped our industry and where are we going next? In this talk, we’ll take a look at the evolution of software tools and impact on devops in the last 10 years and our path to the future. We’ll cover key skills and practices that are the bedrock to effective devops within organizations.
- DevOps and SRE, what’s the difference?
- Do we need DevOps with Serverless?
- How do security, testers, and other engineers impact devops?
Prioritizing Trust while Creating Applications
Managing risk needs to scale as your product grows in popularity and complexity. In traditional software development, often security was treated as a last gating factor at best and post-incident concern at worst. How do we shift our security processes left - in other words, earlier in the development lifecycle? The cost of applying security practices too late can be catastrophic to a company, leading to the loss of customer trust and affecting the bottom line.
Join me in this session to learn how to leverage security tools and recommended practices to enable everyone to play a part in securing your application from discovery to operation of your application.